Increasing Access to Justice

Educating Tomorrow's Leaders

How to Find Legal Help

For a list of the pro bono and legal aid providers in your area, go to

To post a question online for an attorney's advice, go to Indiana Legal Answers. Some conditions apply.

For information about foreclosure prevention resources, go to or call 1-877-GET-HOPE. The Indiana Supreme Court also has information about foreclosure prevention initiatives in Indiana at

For information about representing yourself and for pro se forms, go to the Indiana Supreme Court’s Self-Represented Litigant website,

The Indiana Pro Bono Commission does not hire lawyers to accept cases. We can only provide information to you on how you may be able to obtain a pro bono attorney from one of the district pro bono programs. 

The Pro Bono Commission and the pro bono district programs do not handle criminal cases. If you have a criminal case and cannot afford a lawyer, contact the Indiana Public Defenders office at: 317-232-2475.

If you would like general Indiana attorney information and local bar association information, you may contact the Indiana State Bar Association, 317-639-5465,   For lawyer referral services, you may contact:

Indianapolis Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service, 317-269-2222,

Lake County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service, 219-738-1905,

Allen County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service, 260-423-2358,

St. Joseph County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service, 574-235-9657,